Find Your Happy!


Find Your Happy!

I have been pondering on what to write for my next entry, of course my main topic and focus here is usually on Fashion. SO of course the 2016 "Spring" line comes to mind. But first there is something I have to admit, I have had writer’s block lately. And this is not easy for a writer to admit.  I struggled just to pull together my February entry.  And I recently received some feedback and suggestions from some fellow followers that I will be applying, so stay tuned!

However, for this particular entry, my focus has shifted, because of my writer’s block, it got me  thinking why, where is this block coming from?  I have let some personal circumstances interfere and clog my head with negativity. And I let it take control and change my mindset, my mindset …hmmmmm, and then it clicked, “my mindset,”  that “AHA” moment that Oprah likes to refer to.  Well I had it.  I need to change my mindset, the way I am thinking, I need to focus more on the positive in my life.  So recently, I stumbled on this article “8 Things Happy People Avoid,” (if you get a chance check it out), and it made me realize what my block was.  I was not focusing enough on my “Happy.”  It was just that simple.

I think that we all struggle with this, with the good thoughts and the bad ones.  It’s part of our make-up, how we operate, who we are and ultimately who we become.  We control our thoughts and our thoughts control our actions, so what if we could choose to think more good thoughts, shift our focus more to the positive. 

Of course we are going to have bad days, that is the inevitable in this life, however, maybe, just maybe, we could strive to have more good than bad.

Take my son for example, who just turned 6.  He has recently started having some behavior issues.  At his school he is on a “color” behavior scale.  Green being good, yellow meaning caution, and red meaning in trouble.  Of course he is not on “green” every day, but his father and I explained to him that it is ok to not be on “green” sometimes, that even we have “yellow” and “red” days sometimes.  So we encouraged him to try hard, to really make an effort and strive to be on green, that is what matters and gives him more of a chance to have more good or “green” days than bad.  It is ultimately up to us.  We have to choose to be happy, to be good, to change our way of thinking.  We have to change our mindset, which reflects in our attitude.

So even on those bad days, don’t give up, persevere, look forward; don’t look back, after all you’re not going that way anymore. ;)

Life is short, don’t dwell on the past, let it go, focus on today and enjoy the present moments of your life, be grateful for what you have and do what makes you happy!  Happiness is contagious, smile and spread it!  Let people see it radiate through you, and maybe you can guide them to their shining light.

Comments

Popular Posts